15 June 2012

Turn! Turn! Turn!: True Blood Season 5 Ep. 1



Yesterday I took a day off from the shop and lounged around finishing Season 4 of True Blood so I could start Season 5. Well, that wasn't the only reason. At 39 weeks pregnant I'm getting a bit exhausted.  While watching, though, I was quickly reminded why I fizzled out partway through the season last year. Oh, HBO, you could do so much better!

Last season I started off excited to see what Sookie's wardrobe mavens had in store for us.  I planned to write about it here because so much of it seemed vintage or vintage-inspired in previous seasons, but Sookie spent most of Season 4 naked or in t-shirts and tanks. Not exactly inspiring.

The first episode of this season also didn't yield anything fabulous in the way of the Sookie wardrobe department, but fortunately someone else has risen to the occasion. Thank goodness for Jessica! She wears a stunning red cape in the early scenes, but it's this dress that really stands out.



While rocking out to The Runaways' Cherry Bomb, Jessica wears this amazing late 80s/early 90s influenced body con dress. I don't have any currently stashed away in my shop or my own closet, so I immediately prowled around etsy looking for similar dresses. Not that I can wear one any time soon, but I know some of my lovely readers can!




1990s body con dress available at On the Prowl Vintage


1980s tie dye bandage dress available at Native Owl


1980s floral body con dress found at So Passe Vintage