31 August 2011

Back to School


Monday was supposed to be the first day of school, but following the devastation of Irene, class was canceled. Sunday night we left home just before midnight as the river quickly began to rise.  It came up about a foot in an hour.  We were reasonably confident it wouldn't reach the house but we weren't certain we would be able to leave our driveway. We returned to the house in the morning to find that the river had risen up past the bridge.  Needless to say, we realize how fortunate we are to have our home and each other. 

But on campus, everything is back to normal. We're stepping quickly into the semester, so I thought I'd begin the school year by posting my first day outfit.


Outfit consists of:
Sweater: chocolate brown sweater by a.n.a. found at J.C. Penny
Top: abstract print tank by Petticoat Alley found at TJ Maxx
Belt: brown belt found at TJ Maxx
Skirt: 1980s cobalt blue skirt found at Goodwill
Shoes: brown platform sandals by Nine West found at Marshall's

4 comments:

Meghan Brinson said...

Beautiful! Now I feel like such a schmoe.

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

You're no schmoe! PS. I so want to con you into doing an outfit post at some point because I know you have style.

cara said...

i'm glad you and your home were not affected by the hurricane! your outfit is really cute! (and your hair color is lovely, too!)

Aimée - Vint Condition said...

Thank you, Cara! I'm test driving a new hair color from a box to see if I like it. I think that I'll have it done in a few months to a more strawberry blonde.