26 December 2009

Imagined Travel: Lily Dale

One of my beautiful friends suggested that we take more trips together starting in 2010. I'm all for spending some quality time with my girlfriends. Though we've talked about trips ranging near and far, one of the places I really want to go to is the town of Lily Dale, not far from my new home in the Adirondacks.

Lily Dale is a spiritualist community nestled in the heart of New York in Chautauqua County. Founded in 1879 on the shores of Cassadaga Lake, Lily Dale is considered the largest spiritualist community in the world. In addition to it's historic buildings, Lily Dale is perhaps best known for its resident mediums. Not any medium can set up shop in Lily Dale, they must first pass a rigorous test by a panel of town officials.

In preparation for such a trip, I'd like to plan ahead (read daydream) about things to wear when going to a medium. Since things don't really get going in Lily Dale until the spring/summer season, I selected a great warm weather outfit.

Inspired Travel: Lily Dale

Outfit consists of:
1950s rayon and hand embroidered skirt by Linda Michoacan. It's a size small with 27" waist. Available at Monster Vintage for $89.99.

Papaya layering tank. Available at Old Navy for $8.50.

Bronze metallic Legend 5 flats by Me Too. Available at Piperlime for $59.99.

Apple red raw edged scarf by KERSH. Available at Chickdowntown for $65.

1950s straw bag with bamboo handle. Holds a lot at 8"x13". Available at Adore Vintage for $24.

Multi-toned red bracelet by Marc for Marc Jacobs. Available at zappos.com for $78.

1 comment:

Erika Kane said...

No need to dream. I told you I was up for anything!! You'll just need to find me an adorable outfit, too.