31 August 2012

Exhaustion



Dress: bird and flower print 1950s dress found at an auction
Sweater: chocolate brown cardigan by Spense found at Marshall's
Belt: skinny brown belt found at TJ Maxx
Shoes: yellow suede platform sandals by Franco Sarto found at Last Chance

It's only the end of the first week of the semester and yet it feels like week 13. Babies complicate things. Last night Viv fussed angrily for several hours. I'm lucky that this isn't usual for her, but by the time the alarm went off this morning it felt like my eyes had been closed for seconds.  It's too early for my students to notice just how exhausted I am. Or maybe I faked enough energy to get through my classes. 

Today I planned on using my afternoon to finish this weirdly complicated essay I've been working on. It's not happening though. I don't know how to connect all of its pieces and Viv was sleepy when I got home so we curled up together and took a much needed nap.

And the store, well I haven't updated recently even though I have some great stuff waiting to be photographed like a 1940s suit set, a 1960s wool Anne Fogarty dress, a 1960s wedding dress, a 1920s flapper dress with felt flower detailing. It's on the agenda for next week but my fingers are firmly crossed on that.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You look great and you sound like a great new mom. Best of luck with the essay and hope the baby sleeps better! Newborn stage is tough!!